Randwick Public School


Telephone02 9398 6022



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

Apply online. If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident you are eligible to complete the online enrolment application. You will then need to finalise the application at the school.

If you are not eligible or prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Out-of-area enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Randwick PS Local Area Kindergarten Enrolment

Students are eligible for enrolment if they are turning 5 before July 31 the year they wish to start Kindergarten. Kindergarten 2022 enrolments will be accepted from June 2021.

The K-6 Application to Enrol Form and 2022 Kindergarten Enrolment Pack documents must be completed, read and returned to the school office before your enrolment is considered complete.

If you are not eligible to use the online form or prefer not to, you can download an Application to Enrol Form and present it to the front office along with the required documentation.

Please refer to  https://education.nsw.gov.au/school-finder/index to determine if your address is in our enrolment area.

Randwick PS Out-of-area Enrolment

Where there are places to complete whole grade classes in Kindergarten, these may be offered to non-local students. Please be aware that there will be no priority for non-local siblings in subsequent years.

A written application must be completed on the appropriate form addressing criteria and returned to the school by 6th September 2021. When addressing the criteria it should be clear and concise and specifically prove the case for enrolment of the student to the placement panel.

Getting ready for Kindergarten at Randwick PS?

To help familiarise your child with our school, a Kindergarten social story is also available. Please read this regularly with your child to reduce anxiety and build excitement in the lead up to their first day!​